Ingersoll Rand Account Manager (Service Sales) in ROANOKE, Virginia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
As an Account Manager, Service, you will be responsible for identifying new business as well as developing long-term customer relationships while maximizing account penetration and customer retention with building owner accounts. In addition, you will provide knowledge and consultation by developing HVAC systemand energyrelated solutions for our customer’s problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
Strategic Account Management
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing HVAC system related solutions for the customer’s problems, including financial, performance and energy-based considerations.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities. Assembles and coordinates acquisition team as needed for customers and projects.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required sales team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences in the customer’s organization, including facility managers, project managers, project engineers, purchasing and the executive level.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business reports, up to date sales pipeline and annual forecasts.
- Maintains an acceptable rate of business acquisition.
Tactical Account Management
- Provides quotes for service repairs, change outs, IAQ,controls,and energy solutions including quotes for time and material as well as fixed price services.
- Contacts responsible parties for purposes of securing renewal of service contracts.
- Prepares and submits required management activity reports.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough to determine level of opportunity.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Estimates project by analyzing and integrating equipment, controls, subcontractors, and services for each project using Trane business systems.
- Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
- Prepares and finalizes preliminary/final proposal. Enters customer/project information into business systems.
- Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares, negotiates, and reviews agreement/project scope.
- Presents/reviews proposal and/or contract with all buying influences negotiating scope of agreement/project.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, Trane Products, and relevant industry issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of solution sales experience with a focus onservicesrelated to commercial HVAC and Building Automation systems.
- Must have a proven track record of developing and closing net new business
- Must have strong presentation skills and demonstrated experience pricing systems for customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, contracts, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Primary Location: ROANOKE-Virginia
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 15, 2018, 12:56:17 PM