HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist PRN in Salem VA, Virginia
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
We offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Lewis Gale Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, a matching 401(k) plan, referral bonuses, outstanding educational assistance and resources, plus a generous paid time-off plan.
To learn more about working at Lewis Gale Medical Center click here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dDbGQbkJ-0
• Following physicians’ orders compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals.
• Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
• Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding medications.
• Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
• Assists in the supervision of pharmacy technician personnel.
• Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
• Assists with quality improvement initiatives.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required: Graduate of a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education. BS or Pharm.D degree.
Required: Current State licensure as a Pharmacist. Participate with Code Teams as assigned. Must obtain (within 6 months of hire) and maintain AHA BLS and ACLS certification.
Preferred: PALS certification.
Preferred: Hospital experience.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacist PRN
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-19331